Before using the learning feature of your OFA 8 remote control please take the following into account: The instructions below are a recent update on the latest OFA 8 remote that is now available in the market. This means that the learning feature will only work for OFA 8 with chip number R03 (Where can I find the product & chip number?). Please keep in mind that OFA 8 remote controls with the following chip numbers R00, R01 and R02 do not have the learning feature.
Your OFA8 remote control is capable of copying functions straight from the original remote control that came with your device.
To use the Learning feature on your OFA 8 R03, please follow the instructions below:
- Press the device key on the OFA 8.e.g. TV/DVD/VCR .. where you would like to program the missing function
- Press and hold the Magic key until the light blinks once and then twice.
- Enter 975, the LED light will blink twice.
- Press the key on the OFA 8 remote where you would like to place the learned function, the LED will flash rapidly.
- Press and hold the key on the original remote control that you wish to learn until the LED on the replacement remote blinks twice.
- Repeat the above two steps by pressing any other key you wish to learn on.
- Press and hold the Magic key to store the learned function until the LED blinks twice.
- It is possible to learn up to 50 functions on this remote
- A time-out will occur if no signal is received from the original remote within 5 seconds. To retry, press the key to be learned on again.
- One long blink indicates the remote did not capture the signal correctly.
- Two long blinks indicate the memory is full.
Related Articles:URC 2981: How can I delete a learned key on my OFA8?Universal remotes: Why doesn’t the learning work on my universal remote?Universal remotes: When trying to learn a key, the universal remote gives one long blink. What does this mean?