URC7955, URC7980, URC7960, URC7962, URC7965: How can I set up a macro on my Smart Control?
You can program any key on your OFA remote (except Magic and Devices) to send multiple commands on a single press –a Macro. This can be useful for controlling multiple devices to put them in a certain state – for instance you could put your TV on HDMI 1 and press Play on the Blu-ray player to start watching a movie. A key programmed with a Macro will send the same Macro regardless of the device mode, so it is best to select a key you don’t use, or use one of the spare A, B or C keys.
To program a macro, the procedure is as follows:
- Hold down MAGIC until the LED under the device blinks twice. The LED under the current mode key will stay lit.
- Press 995 – the LED will blink twice.
- Select the key you want to program the Macro on.
- Use the DEVICES key to select the device you want the first function of the Macro to come from, for example TV.
- Press the key you want to include in the Macro, for example the AV key.
- Repeat steps 4 (if necessary), and 5 to add more keys to the Macro. You can include up to 15 key presses
- To store the Macro, hold down the MAGIC key until the LED blinks twice
Related Article:URC7955, URC7980, URC7960, URC7962, URC7965: How can I delete a macro on my Smart Control?
- Remember to press the keys in the same order you would using your original remotes – so if you pressed AV on the TV remote and then Play on the Blu-ray remote to watch a movie, do it in the same order on the Smart Control.
- If the LED shows a long blink when you press a key in steps 3 or 4, you have entered too many keys, please try again.