Your One For All remote control can learn any function from any other working remote control. This is a quick and easy one-time setup that allows to control any infrared controlled device you have in your living room. You can even combine multiple devices in one easy to use remote control – for example you could teach the volume keys to control your Sound Bar, the TV Power and Input keys to control your TV, and the rest of the keys to control a Streaming box.
To do this, firstly make sure you have all your original remote controls to hand, and that they have working batteries in. To learn functions, the original remote should be approximately 3cm from the OFA remote, pointing towards it.
To use the learning feature, please follow the instructions below:
- Hold down TV Power and Mute until the red LED blinks twice.
- Press and release the key you want to learn a function onto (for example the TV Power key) – The red LED will blink once and go out
- Press and release the corresponding key on the original remote, for example Power.
- The LED will blink green twice to indicate the key has been learned correctly.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 for each key you want to learn – remember you can learn from multiple remotes, but only one function per key.
- When you learned all the functions you require, press and hold TV Power key until the green LED blinks four times.
Related articles:URC7935: Can I learn a function onto one of the App shortcut keys?URC7935: If I learn a key, the Menu Ring turns red when I press that key.Universal remotes: Why doesn’t the learning work on my universal remote?Universal remotes: When trying to learn a key, the universal remote gives one long blink. What does this mean?
- If the red LED shows one long blink at step 5, the function was not learned correctly, please try again from step 3.
- If you find one or more keys don’t work properly after set up, you can re-enter the learning mode at any time by repeating the procedure from step 2.
- To delete a learned function, hold down Streamer Power and Mute until the red LED blinks twice, and press the key to delete twice.
- If one or more of your original remotes aren’t working, you can still set up the One For All remote by SimpleSet (B) or Code Set Up (C).
- After Learning, default colour of the Menu Ring LED is red. If you would like to change this, see “Choose Colour”.
- Some remotes send commands differently. If you find a function cannot be learned, try holding down the key on the original remote instead of pressing and releasing.