You can program any key on your OFA remote (except MAGIC or MODE) to send multiple commands on a single press –a Macro. This can be useful for controlling multiple devices to put them in a certain state – for instance you could put your TV on HDMI 1 and press Play on the Blu-ray player to start watching a movie. A key programmed with a Macro will send the same Macro regardless of the device mode.
To program a macro, the procedure is as follows:
- Hold down MAGIC until the LED under the device blinks twice. The LED under the current device will stay lit.
- Press 995 – the LED will blink twice.
- Next select the key you want to program the Macro on.
- Now use the MODE key to select the device you want the first function of the Macro to come from, for example TV.
- Next, press the key you want to include in the Macro, for example the AV key.
- Repeat steps 4 (if necessary) and 5 to add more keys to the Macro. You can include up to 15 key presses .
- To store the Macro, hold down the MAGIC key until the LED blinks twice.
- Remember to press the keys in the same order you would using your original remotes – so if you pressed AV on the TV remote and then Play on the Blu-ray remote to watch a movie, do it in the same order on the One For All remote.
- If the LED shows a long blink when you press a key in steps 4 or 5, you have entered too many keys, please try again.